So you’ve got a compelling story.
You love your characters. The world is fascinating.
You have universal themes that resonate.
How can you sell that brilliant vision to another person?
It’s time to pitch. Learn how in…
Script Anatomy’s Pitch Workshop
This 4 session intensive is limited to 8 people and will give you the tools, insight and experience to successfully pitch a TV show. This is an in depth crash course on what to expect when pitching a TV idea to a production company, studio or network.
This fast paced class offers insight into the pitching process which is usually only experienced by the highest-level writers/executives. When you sell your pitch to a network there are about five people in the room and this class will pull back the veil on that secretive process.
In this class you will:
– Watch the instructor pitch a project he is going out with this season. (This is invaluable — you never get to see behind the curtain!)
– Learn key elements you must have to craft your pitch.
– Discover how to hook and engage your audience from the get go.
– Find out what to expect “in the room” when you are pitching.
– Take your idea, outline or script and reverse engineer it into a written and verbal pitch.
– Discover tricks and tips for memorizing.
– Learn pitching do’s and don’ts.
– Pitch your show to the class and receive feedback from instructor and peers.
***Mandatory prerequisite: Must have taken a Script Anatomy Class.
WHEN: 4 Saturdays starting July 8th to August 5th from 11:00am to 2:00pm except for the last session on August 5th, which will be an extra hour (11:00am – 3:00pm), to leave more time for final pitches. (Sessions are July 8th, July 15th, July 22rd, and August 5th. OFF July 29th for PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.)
WHERE: BLANK SPACES, WILSHIRE at 5405 Wilshire Blvd. LA, CA 90036
Limit 8 writers
For our next Pitch Workshop, click here!
For our full Class Schedule, click here!